Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back in the Five-Oh-Filthy

I got back into Albuquerque on Thursday evening at 5pm Mountain time, which means I was in transit for a total of 23 hours. I'm used to the long trips by now, so the time went by reasonably quickly. I had to wait 3 hours in both Washington and Denver, but Denver had free WiFi, so it was not that bad. The flight from Buenos Aires to Washington was only about half full, so I had room to stretch out and ended up sleeping very well. As usual, there was a selection of movies available to watch, but I didn't even bother. Southbound customers had both The King's Speech and True Grit as options. Northbound customers like me? Transformer-type garbage. Anyway, I had tired myself out during the day (I had a private tour of the Congress building with my good friend Gabriel), so I slept like a rock on the plane. The trip was very uneventful.

Here in Albuquerque I'm staying with my friends Mary and Julio, who are awesome hosts. My brother will get here on Thursday, and we will take off. In the meantime, I've been trying to leave things in order here in New Mexico as well as get all the stuff I will take with me organized and packed. So far it has been no small task. I have a shit-ton of books, and I just don't like the idea of parting with any of them. Primarily what I have to take with me are books and clothes (including all the stuff the military has issued me, which is way more than I remembered), but the books are going to be priority. I really think that with some creative packing I can fit it all, but we'll see.

It seems that transferring to Maine from the New Mexico National Guard will be no problem at all. At least that's the way the readiness NCO made it sound, and he seems to be on top of his game, so I have no reason to doubt him. We'll see how it works out.

I just realized I don't have that much to write about. If anything comes up, you'll be the first to know, and I'll blog from the road. That's it. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment